WHERE DOES ARGAN OIL COME FROM?
Argan oil is an oil extracted from the almond (seed) of the fruit of the Argan tree. The fruit contains a hard-shelled nut which encloses the Argan almond. The Argan tree grows only on the south west part of Morocco. It has a long life living up to 150 - 200 years. The trees don't produce fruit from which the oil is derived until nearly 30 - 50 years of age. It yields fruit once a year and it takes one tree to produce 1 liter of Argan oil. Due to the limited supply of Argan oil and it's increasing demand in the culinary and cosmetic industries the price of Argan oil has markedly increased in the past few years.
HOW ARGAN OIL IS MADE
The nuts are cracked open with the use of a stone to get the seeds out. There are two types of this oil: one is the cosmetic oil while the other type is the culinary oil. Most commonly, when producing the culinary oil it will be roasted, added with water, ground into a thick paste then pressed, while in producing the cosmetic oil, the nut seeds are raw and cold-pressed with the aid of a machine.
Also check out this impressive short video to see how argan oil is made. Their hands must be extremely soft:
THE BENEFITS OF ARGAN OIL
Argan Oil is entirely plant based and natural. It is safe and effective on all dry areas on your body including the face. It won't clog your pores. You can use it on your skin, hair and nails as well. Pure Argan Oil is packed with Vitamin E, Omega 6, essential Unsaturated Fatty Acids and more. Vitamin E and Omega 6 makes your skin radiant, glowing and healthy. Unsaturated Fatty Acids keeps your skin and hair young and it naturally repairs damaged hair. Many people use it on their hair which will make it soft, satiny and shine-y. It's suitable for all hair types, but it is especially tailored for those with dry hair.
HOW TO USE
There are many ways to use Argan oil, here are some examples:
- • Nails: you can use it on your nails to make it longer, stronger and healthier. It will break lessen.
- • Hair: use it as a hair treatment. Apply a generous amount of argan oil to your damp hair. Run your hands through your hair from root to tip. Wrap a warm towel around your head and leave it for 30 min. and wash it afterwards or you can leave it overnight and wash your hair the next morning. It's recommended to this once a week.
- • Hair styling: you can use it to style your hair. Great for people with frizzy hair.
- • Body: You can use it instead of your body lotion or mix it with your body lotion if you think it's too oily. This is great to cure dry spots!
- • Face: after cleansing and toning, take 3 drops of argan oil and massage it onto your face until its fully absorbed. If necessary wipe out the excess after 10 min. This will hydrate the skin, reduce fine lines, acne, wrinkles and it improves the elasticity & appearance of the skin. As you can see, it has anti-aging benefits!
Instant results aren't visible of course. You must do this more often to feel and see some results.
WHERE TO PURCHASE ARGAN OIL?
I received a 50 ml bottle of argan oil for review purposes. They don't sell this size online, it only comes in a 100ml bottle for €29,95 at the moment. People in The Netherlands can purchase it on their website arganwinkel.nl (link to the product), people who are living outside The Netherlands can purchase it at arganoilshop.com for $37.- (link to the product). They ship worldwide and offers free shipping for a limited time.
It comes in a matt glass sturdy bottle with a useful pump and a small opening. It doesn't break easily, lol i know because it accidentally fell on the floor one time. You don't need much of product for every usage so one bottle goes a long way. This depends on how often you use it of course. You probably will use more if you are going to use it on your body.
I have been using this for a few weeks. I normally use it on dry spots on my body and my hands/nails and I'm quite satisfied with the current results. This helped to cure the dry spots on my body. I often do nail art so it's important for me to keep my nails strong and healthy. My hands are always a bit dry in the winter so this is perfect for this season.
I only use 1 pump for my hands and it takes around 1 minute to absorb. It has some kind of a burned scent to it, the scent of argan oil i guess? but it's not bothersome nor overwhelming and the scent will go away after a few minutes. I haven't used it as a hair treatment yet because i'm a bit impatient to leave it on for 30 min lol but i've heard great results from people who used it on their hair.
Have any of you tried argan oil before?
This is your chance to try it! I will be giving away one sample size - 15ml of 100% PURE ARGAN OIL to one of you guys! Make sure to follow the steps below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway Good luck Everybody ^^! This giveaway will end on the 27th of January 2013.