WAIT? WHAT? SNAILS IN MY SKINCARE PRODUCTS?
Snail products aren't new and there used to be a big hype about snail products, and now more and more companies starting to create products that includes snail slime. There are even spas where you can get a snail facial treatment! Many people think it's weird to apply a product with snail slime onto the face, but hey if it works, why not be open and give it a try? Why is snail mucin that great? Snail slime is a nice natural moisturizer in general. Its antioxidant-rich, contains collagen, elastin, stimulates cell renewal, it is great for anti-aging, it repairs the skin more quickly since it has wound healing abilities as well. It has many more other benefits. Sounds interesting isn't it?
COSRX ADVANCED SNAIL 96 MUXIN POWER ESSENCE
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is created from nutritious, low-stimulation filtered snail mucin in order to improve damaged skin. The filtered snail mucin contained in Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence penetrates under the skin into the invisible, working against damaged skin. This 96%-concentrate ingredient keeps you skin moist all day and finds your lost skin vitality. It contains 100ml of product and is suitable for all skin types.
As you an see, it contains 96% concentrate of snail mucin, which is A LOT! The other 4% contains small amounts of bland non-irritating moisturizing agents as you can see below.
HOW TO USE
The product comes in a nice tube where you can easily get the amount out that you prefer. I usually use 1-2 pumps per usage. Apply it on the forehead and nose, lightly tap it into the skin. Spread a generous amount on the cheeks until it soaks into the skin. You can also use it under your eye area, just apply it by tapping it in lightly and that's it. This is an essence, so try to add this it into your skincare routine, I usually use this after my toner.
This clear essence is moisturizing, has a slimy texture to it and has no scent at all! It feels lightweight on the skin, sinks into it quickly. It's easy to spread and has a bit of a cooling effect after you apply it.
Overall, I really like this essence. It's moist, it eases dryness, calms irritation and it makes my face feel smooth after application. At the description it says that the filtered snail mucin contained in the essence penetrates under the skin into the invisible, that works against damaged skin. And I can say THAT IS TRUE! Weird enough I can really feel and see that this helps with small pimples which are under the skin. When I feel a small pimple coming up which is still under the skin and I use this product after, the pimple just goes away after 2 days. This helped with healing of my pimple scars as well. A very good product I would say!
COSRX ADVANCED SNAIL 92 ALL IN ONE CREAM
In the same Cosrx line they also have a snail cream. The Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream is a nourishing moisture cream with snail secretion filtrate at 92% content from living Korean snails. This cream consists of skin-activation components, preventing skin damage and available for use immediately after facial wash, without skin or lotion. It contains 100ml of product.
Just like the essence, it also contain 92% of snail goo in it. It also includes many other ingredients to make the skin moist.
HOW TO USE
After cleansing, take a very small amount and spread it all over the face. A little goes a long way. You should use this as your last step in your skincare routine. Tap with your fingertips to let it absorp into the skin. You can also let it absorb by covering your face with your palm 2-3 times.
This cream is white and scentless. This has a gel-like & slimy texture to it, which is easy to spread. It sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy on the skin.
It contains 92% of snail goo, which is a large amount. It feels moist on my skin and calms irritation. However, somehow this product worked less good on me. It didn't have the same effect as the essence. I usually use this at night and it always makes my skin very oily looking in the morning. Don't get me wrong, if you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's a good product for that and this also worked on my dry skin. However, other than being moist on my skin, I couldn't feel or see any changes after using this, unlike the essence where I could really feel and see that it renewed my skin faster. (I used this product separate from the essence, but I also tried it together with the essence to test it.)
WHERE TO BUY?
I received these two products from Jolse.com for review purposes. The Cosrx power essence is sold for USD$16.15 and the Cosrx all in one cream is sold for USD$17.85. Well priced products I would say which are affordable.
WOULD YOU GIVE THESE PRODUCTS A TRY?
note: these products were sent to me for review purposes, but this didn't affect my opinion about the products, see disclaimer.