Our first stop was Viet View! I actually wanted to try everything here since everything looked so good! They have Vietnamese rice paper rolls (goi cuon) with rib eye, chicken, shrimp and more, but also Vietnamese baguettes (banh mi) with rib eye, hanoi chicken, tofu or pork belly. Oh my, I eventually got the Saigon Rib eye baguette and it was good! The prices for the baguettes are around €7.- and the prices for the rice paper rolls are around €6.-
BULLS & DOGS
The next stop was Bulls & Dogs! They offer many hot dogs served in pretzel buns. It was my first time trying that combination. My friend and I shared two hot dogs together so we could try both, so we chose the Texas Hot Link (beef, spicy sauce, nacho's) and the Funky Fresh Dog (yoghurt, cucumber, unions). OMG, the Texas Hot Link was SOOOO GOOD! I would definitely recommend that one, it was so tasteful from the very first bite! The price was around €5.- for one hot dog.
The last stop was FRISKA. I've always loved healthy snacks so I just had to try this. Friska sells rolls, not regular rolls but healthy ones with fresh ingredients and they are all gluten free. I bought the one that's called Salmon Mandela, it has the oh so healthy quinoa in it, fresh salmon sashimi, spinach, cucumber, sesame and avocade-wasabi sauce - this all wrapped in seaweed. If I lived in this neighborhood I would definitely get this for breakfast over and over again. It was good and definitely fresh! The price was around €4,50.- each.
WHAT DO THEY HAVE MORE?
I only went to 3 stands because my stomach couldn't last more unfortunately haha. However, there are plenty of other stands there like:
• The Butcher - they got their famous angus beef burger
• The Rough Kitchen - they got their famous pulled pork sandwich
• Le Big Fish - a lovely fish soup
• Yogen Früz - for frozen yoghurt with fresh fruit
• Petit Gateau - for cute petite desserts
• BBROOD - fresh bread
• Shirkhan - Mumbai street food
• Meneer Temaki - the place for Japanese hand rolls
• Green brothers - vegetarian snacks
• De Ballenbar - for the Dutch snacks, bitterballen
• L’Entrecôte mobiel - with their famous L’Entrecôte sandwich
• Pink Flamingo - fresh pizza's
• Jabugo Bar Iberico - spanish snacks
• Caulils - cheese
• Filiz Manti - Turkish snacks
• Maza - for some lovely hummus and/or falafel
• Wild Moa Pies - pies from Australia/New Zealand
• Pasta di Mamma - real Italian pasta
WOULD I GO BACK TO FOODHALLEN?
Oh my, Foodhallen is really heaven for all foodies! The prices are reasonable as well. The ambience is good and it's a lovely place to eat with friends. It's also possible to just take away and eat it at home. The best thing about it is that there are currently 21 stands there, so you got plenty of choices. It's a place where I would definitely go back again and again, gotta try them all right?! If you are in Amsterdam you gotta visit this place. It's also good that it is opened every single day, check out their address and opening hours below.
Bellamyplein 5, 1053 AT Amsterdam
Mon - Wed: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thu - Sat: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm