Hi all, sorry for not updating my blog for a few days. I have been very busy & tired because of work, so I didn't have much strength to write a blogpost. Anyways, I'm back and today I will share my thoughts about the me & my ice cream nail topping stickers from Essence. A while back I bought a few products from this collection, blogpost here. Swatches of the other products will be online soon but today I will show you the nail stickers first.
WHERE TO BUY?
I bought these for €1,99 at my local drugstore Kruidvat. Unfortunately these aren't sold online.
ESSENCE ME & MY ICE CREAM NAIL TOPPING STICKER
As you can see there are small micro beads on it ^^ people who are a bit lazy to apply micro beads on their nails can give this a try.
1. Clean your nails and push back your cuticles if necessary
2. This isn't stated on the packaging but I do recommend to apply a base coat on your nails first.
3. Select the correct size for each nail (there are 8 sizes, 16 stickers)
4. Peel off nail sticker carefully and apply them onto your nails. It's recommended to place the rounded narrow edge against the cuticle line first and leave a little space between the cuticles and stickers.
5. Press sticker throughly onto the nails
6. Gently cut off the excess with scissors along your natural nail tip and you're done! No need to apply a top coat afterwards!
WAS IT EASY TO REMOVE?
It wasn't hard to remove the stickers, i could just peel it off. However, i did notice that my nails were sticky after removal. Thankfully I applied a base coat in advance so i could easily get rid of the stickiness with a nail polish remover.
HOW LONG DID IT STAY?
It stayed perfect for 2 days, which is quite long for micro beads. The micro beads started to come off at the top of the nails and the rest of the micro beads were still in place even after 2 days. However, the stickers felt a bit thick while i had them on. Also, since these are stickers, dust and hair tends to get stuck at the top of the nails, which I didn't like.
Overall, these are lovely stickers and I'm loving the colorful micro beads ^^. It's super cute and sweet!